Summertime in Atlanta means endless sunshine, festivals, and outdoor activities. Atlanta dog parks are a huge hit with pup owners because the days are longer and we all want to get out and enjoy as much fresh air and green grass as possible. We’re huge fans of dog parks too - some of our faves include Piedmont Park, Oakhurst Dog Park, Fetch, Freedom Barkway, and Adair Park Dog Park.
Dog parks are a big part of ATL pup ownership, but what other activities can you do with your pup to cool off from the HOTlanta sunshine? We’ve included some highlights and you can visit the links at the bottom for even more dog-friendly spots and outdoor activities!
1. Brunch It: Dog-friendly Weekend Brunch at The Family Dog - take a break from dog park time and head over to this Morningside restaurant to enjoy some delicious frozen cocktails and cool off with your fur pal. They welcome dogs to “Sit. Drink. Stay!” every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm.
2. Make a Splash: Visit Piedmont Park Conservancy’s Annual Splish Splash Doggie Bash - enjoy one last splash in the pool as another ATL summer comes to a close. There are splash sessions October 5 and 6 but be sure to sign up early - spaces fill up fast! BONUS: you’ll definitely get social media-worthy photos too. Check out some highlights from last year!
3. Catch a Fly Ball: Take your pup to the annual Bark in the Park event and support the Atlanta Braves - On September 8, Braves fans can bring (leashed) pups to SunTrust Park to support the Braves as they take on the Washington Nationals. Tickets for humans and fur babies are $25 each and are very limited. Be sure to book early.
4. Take a Walk & Enjoy a Night Cap - take a sunset walk on the ATL Beltline and finish it off with a NightCap on the Ladybird Grove and Mess Hall patio - the Beltline has everything you need: shopping, food, drinks, and a beautiful walking path. As the day cools off, take your pups on an evening stroll and stop in to Ladybird for a sweet cocktail and mighty fine summer patio dining.
5. Support a Local Brewery - Visit Monday Night Brewing and hang out on their dog-friendly patios. They said it themselves: “There’s no better way to socialize dogs than over a glass of beer.” Head on over to their West Midtown location, grab a locally-crafted cold one and mix and mingle with dogs and humans alike.
AJC highlights 8 summertime pup activities
American Kennel Club highlights its fave ATL dog activities
Bring Fido showcases ATL hotels, restaurants, & other dog-friendly spots
To help your relationship with your pet to thrive, we love offering tips & tricks to help owners get the most out of our services.