We take pride in offering high-quality, reliable pet care services to our clients. Please read the policies below to ensure your experience with our Pet Sitters is a seamless as possible.
1. Pet care reservations: Pet care reservations must be made directly with The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC via email. If any reservations are made directly with a "pet sitter," we will not be responsible for any problems, incidents, or accidents that may occur.
2. Rates: Current rate information is available on the The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC website and agreement form. Rates are subject to change at the discretion of the company owner. Please inquire about specific needs/questions.
3. Payment: Payment is due within 24 hours of client's return / pick-up. We accept payments in the form of a check, Apply Pay, credit card, or online (Square). Please make all checks payable to The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC unless otherwise specified. We do not accept cash as a form of payment. Please do not make any online payments or checks payable to pet sitters unless you receive prior approval from management.
4. New client payments: All new clients must pay upfront, prior to receiving pet sitting services.
5. Package purchases: Please note that payment for pet care packages will be required in full prior to scheduling services. Packaged rates are for one pet only. Rates for multiple pets are available upon request. Packages are non-refundable and must be used within one year from the date of purchase.
6. Late service fees: We assess fees for late pickups and pet visits. For overnight stays, a half-day fee will be assessed for services rendered after 12pm and a full-day fee will be assessed after 6pm. Drop-in pet care services rendered after 8pm result in a $15 per day charge. This applies to services like walks and drop-in visits.
7. Cancellations: There is a 50% cancellation fee if cancellation occurs less than 48 hours from the start of your scheduled pet care service.
8. Emergencies: We require specific information about vet services on our agreement form. If you do not provide adequate information, or your preferred office is closed, we will take your pet to The Village Vets in Decatur. Should you need an emergency / last minute visit to your home, we will make every attempt to accommodate your request, but cannot promise that your request will be met.
Boarding & Daycare Policies
1. Spay / neuter policy: All pets 6 months of age and older must be neutered/spayed before attending daycare or boarding with The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC.
2. Vaccinations and flea prevention: For boarding and daycare, all pets must be up-to-date on their vaccinations and monthly flea prevention. Owners must submit proof of three specific vaccinations - rabies, distemper, and bordetella - prior to temperament tests and daycare/boarding services.
Home Drop-in Visits & Dog Walk Policies
1. Leash policy: We require all dogs to be walked on a leash during dog walks with The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC to ensure the safety and security of pets and staff. If your pet is aggressive or unruly while on leash, we reserve the right to deny walking services.
2. Outdoor policy: We are not responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that you have let outside, caused to be let outside or instructed The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC to let outside. This includes pets with doggy doors and all pets who reside outside. We reserve the right to move an outdoor pet to shelter in the event of extreme weather.
3. Key return fees: We will collect a copy of your key at the first meet and greet where you will share relevant home and pet information with your trustworthy pet care professional. If you plan to use our services often, we recommend leaving a key with our staff to avoid pick-up and return charges. However, if you would like your key returned to you, we charge a $20 key return fee each time we need to return your key.
4. Key fobs and key-less entries: We are not responsible for missed or altered pet care services that result from technological challenges with key fobs or key-less entries. We recommend that you have a back-up fob on hand at all times and alert your apartment/condo concierges that we will be providing pet care services (when applicable) to avoid confusion.
5. Pre-existing conditions: The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Care, LLC is not responsible for treatment costs for preventive care or medical or vet bills resulting from an illness, chronic, or pre-existing condition.
6. House plants and other household items: The Village Pets, Pet Sitting and Pet Car, LLC is not responsible for watering house plants or taking care of other non-pet related home needs. While we will try to accommodate requests as they arise, our focus is on pet care and we will make that the first and foremost priority at all times.